Where are my points?
So you’ve had a lovely stay at the Holiday Inn, and 5 days later your stay posts as a “Non-qualifying stay”. Yikees – I need those points for my status/holiday…
This the wrong way to do it..
Complete the points discrepancy form.
Wait 48 hours and 99% of the time you will get following response (with a bit more blurb to top and tail it)
We have reviewed your request for credit on your stay in question. We would like to inform you that the usual measure for a room rate’s eligibility for points under Priority Club Rewards’ Terms and Conditions is the level of discount relative to the hotel’s prevailing rack rate.
It’s a lot like the John Grisham novel, The Rainmaker, where the internal policy for all Hospital insurance claims are denied on the time time of asking.
Anyway either you give up you go back and say…
“I paid the best flexible rate – this is an outrage.”
And this goes on and on..for days/weeks, and eventually you may get the points.
The right way to do it
1. If you booked via a special offer, have the T&C’s in front of you when you call.
2. Make the call..
If you’re an ambassador, call the ambassador service centre.
- International: +44 870 400 9099
- USA: 1 800 462 6686
If you are not an ambassador call:
- Your local Priority Club Rewards Service Centre.
3. Be polite and firm and the points will be yours, normally the call centre staff will refer to their manager – but after that you should be fine (provided you were entitled to them in the first place!)
4. Don’t accept “this is a very cheap rate sir” as an reason not award points – if the offer explicitly says “Points awarded”
Let me know how you get on!