What is it?
- It’s the über elite program for Intercontinental branded hotels and resorts. Access By invitation only – although the invitation rules are fairly well known and listed below. You can look forward to a life decent upgrades and an all you can drink complimentary mini-bar!
How do I get it?
- Technically it’s invite only – but you can either earn it or blag it!
(Note the published requirement is to be in the top 1% of customers and be an Ambassad0r. What follows are the unwritten rules)
- Join as an Ambassador and pay the current fee (US$150)
- Stay 5060-70* nights in any hotels within the Group
- With a minimum of 3 nights in 3 different Intercontinental hotels within your Ambassador Year
- You should then be upgraded to Royal Ambassador (sometime a prompting phone call helps)
* Updated summer 2009
- Every Royal Ambassador that qualified the hard way has a referral voucher to invite someone else into the scheme
- They sell on ebay for US$500-US$900 – ouch..
What do I get if I make it?
- Everything an Ambassador gets and..
- A new membership card / luggage tags
- Instant Platinum Status
- If you earn it (instead of blaging it) you will also receive a referral voucher
And when I stay (officially Paid Stays only)?
- As above – Everything an Ambassador gets and..
- 1,000 extra points on every stay (So 4,000 in total)
- Guaranteed room upgrade at time of check-in to an Executive or Suite room (which in practice leads to a two level upgrade on what you book)
- Welcome gift (such as chocolates or biscuits)
- Guaranteed room availability for one room with 24-hour advance reservation (although they may offer you the presidential suite at silly prices)
- Depending on the hotel – extra perks such as club lounge access or improved upgrades
- 8am Check-in