What is it?
- It’s the elite program for Intercontinental branded hotels resorts. It’s recently (Feb 2009) been tweaked and rebranded – essentially the same as before except that you can no longer use your Free Weekend Night certificate on suites – but on the plus side the coupon now lasts for 12 months!
How do I get it?
- Sign up here and pay US$200 for your first year’s membership
- Part with 28,000 points via Calling Priority Club service centre and asking for the exchange
- Occasional promotions come along – such as stay 3 nights in an Intercontinental hotel and get free ambassador status – but don’t you want the status before you arrive not after you leave!
How to Keep it (Renewal)?
There are a number of deals open for Ambassador renewal – but which is best? If you’re points rich then go for Offer 4 – there’s little reason to hang on to thousands of points which may get devalued with little notice. For everyone else if we value points at US$7 per 1,000 points based on this method and if you need some additional points then Offer 2 gives best value. Finally if you plan to redeem more than 80,000 points then Offer 3 is your friend as we can value 8,000 points at US$56.
- Offer 1: Renew for $100 and receive 5,000 bonus points
- Offer 2: Renew for $150 and receive 15,000 bonus points
- Offer 3: Renew for $200 and receive 15,000 bonus points plus a 10% points rebate on Reward Nights for a whole year
- Offer 4: Renew using 20,000 of your Priority Club points and receive 5,000 bonus points
- Renew here
What do I get when I join?
- Free weekend night certificate
- 5,000 point voucher
- Instant Gold Status! But you still need 60,000 points to hit Platinum
And when I stay (officially Paid Stays only)?
- 4 p.m. late check-out
- Complimentary Pay TV film per stay
- Instant Check-Out
- Guaranteed room upgrade
- Fresh fruit and mineral water (often after the occasional prompt)