Home > Promotions > Point Breaks List Updated

Point Breaks List Updated

January 28th, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

Is it possible to have a list of properties that’s even worse than last time?

Make your own mind up  as the new point break list has been updated. Now valid for stays until 31st March 2013.

Book now…

(What are Point Breaks anyway?)

1. Dennis
    January 30th, 2013 at 13:05 | #1

I guess these locations would be nice if you were on a road trip and needed a place to crash 50 miles off of a major thourofare. Think this list was the last push I needed to jump the priority club ship. What a shame…

2. HC
    February 1st, 2013 at 08:58 | #2

I’m with Dennis.
    As a PC member since 1987, I am now slowly sliding over to Marriott sites more and more. Point breaks used to be exciting, engaging and worthwhile–now it’s a bunch of crappy and disparate locations off the beaten path, and with the recent shift in points needed for certain locations, it just might be time to write off PC all together. I guess HI doesn’t appreciate loyalty, nor the 60+ nights I spend on the road.
    Disappointed in Maine,
    HC

3. lynn
    February 2nd, 2013 at 11:50 | #3

So I went ahead and booked a room on the list…holiday inn has changed my room from points to paying for it…I call they fix it with rest assure we fixed it with notes tnot to switch it back..what a shock it was changed again this moring

4. Tony
    February 2nd, 2013 at 15:52 | #4

Marriott you serious their rates are sky high I’m a single parent who uses his own money not corporate. I just booked a room on point breaks for 2 weeks. it’s true you don’t get good locations as much but last year I had a 2 bedroom Staybridge in NJ visiting family for 12 nights its still decent. My big concern now is I just noticed bonus points don’t go toward your total earned for the year. Anyone know anything there?

5. Dan
    February 4th, 2013 at 16:13 | #5

I received an e-mail not too long ago when enquiring about this, as I noticed a discrepancy between my point going towards elite status, and the total point I had earned already this year.
    This is the reply I received:

“Further, beginning 01 Jan 2013, for purposes of determining Elite Status, Priority Club points are classified as either Elite Qualifying Points or Non-Elite Qualifying Points. The elite qualifying points which will be counted toward membership elite status are:

Base points earned from qualifying rates paid for hotel stays
    Points collected from partner transactions
    Bonus Point packages
    Meeting Rewards points

All other point earning transactions will be considered non-elite qualifying points and will not be counted toward elite status”

Seems bonus point packages points accumulate, but not other bonus points (like 50% extra on base for being platinum)

6. Adam Cordingley
    March 18th, 2013 at 05:38 | #6

Stayed in HI Walsall (even though HIex Walsall was on the pointbreaks list) as it was 10,000 rather than 5,000!

10,000 for four of us in a room wasn’t all bad, and a good night out in Wolverhampton was had by all!

You have to make what you can out of a place that may not ‘seem’ a place to spend some time !