Home > Bonus Points and Miles > 2013 Q1 Bonus points

2013 Q1 Bonus points

January 24th, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

What: We finally have a Q1 offer for 2013, about time too with the recent reward night devaluation we need all the bonus points we can get. Thank you Simon for the heads up. Note you can only register for one offer!

Earn up to 20,000+ Bonus Priority Club Points for a certain amount of nights or completing a certain amount of stays at participating InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo™, Holiday Inn®, Express by Holiday Inn™ and Holiday Inn Express® hotels worldwide

• Offer 1:
    • Plus earn an additional 5,000 points for every 5 nights after
    • Code 3416

How: Register Online

Categories: Bonus Points and Miles Tags:
  1. Dan
    January 24th, 2013 at 08:50 | #1

Do the nights have to be consecutive in a single stay? Or can they be broken up and if so, how long until it expires?

I ask because I stay 4 nights per week for work, so I can make 15 in only a few weeks, but they wouldn’t be consecutive.

2. Simon
    January 24th, 2013 at 08:52 | #2

Where it says ‘Stay [n] Nights’ does that mean consecutive nights in one booking or just that number of nights whilst the promotion is running? Similarly for the additional nights?

3. Jim
    January 24th, 2013 at 09:11 | #3

Quick question – Must you be a Platinum member for this offer? I’m trying to the codes to work, but they don’t (I tried a few). Last night I got the email for the 2 night offer and 2,500 points.

I’m at Gold level, but I will have over 15 nights during 1Q 2013.

Thanks!

4. RV
    January 24th, 2013 at 10:50 | #4

Offer 1 – Your code is invalid
    Offer 2 – Your code is invalid
    Offer 3 – Your code is invalid
    Offer 4 – Your code is invalid
    Offer 5 – Your code is invalid
    Offer 6 – Your code is invalid

Are these offers catered/tailored to a specific type of Priority Club member?
    I have Gold Status.

5. Miguel Barajas
    January 24th, 2013 at 11:45 | #5

I’m Platinum RA, I could register for the Offer 6, the confirmation email arrives, but in the “my Offer status” option, does not appear…

6. Ben
    January 24th, 2013 at 11:51 | #6

I have platinum level and the codes don’t work either. Maybe the program is not yet officially started?

7. Alison
    January 24th, 2013 at 14:30 | #7

How long is this offer ie: up to april30th

8. Matt
    January 25th, 2013 at 04:40 | #8

I managed to sign up for one of them but it’s not showing in the “Offer Status” section.

This becomes more of a sham by the day. Come March when I change my working location i’ll be looking for a Hilton.

9. Paul
    January 25th, 2013 at 05:46 | #9

Can’t get any to work, all say code invalid

10. Dan
    January 25th, 2013 at 05:51 | #10

Signed up for offer 6:

“From January 7 to April 30, 2013, stay 15 nights at any of our over 4,500 hotels worldwide, and we’ll give you 20,000 bonus points. Then, for every 5 more nights you stay we’ll give you an additional 5,000 points.”

11. Sandi Bianchi
    January 25th, 2013 at 10:04 | #11

Ok I see many comments about invalid codes I am finding the same….so is there a solution to this problem?

12. RV
    January 25th, 2013 at 11:37 | #12

@RV

I called Priority Club Rewards, and they told me that they were invalid because I already signed up for them. I let the person know that I wasn’t aware of that because on the Offer Status, they don’t show the Offer number, they only show the name of the promotion.

In any case, a lot, if not most of these offers expire for me on a specific April date, so after that date, I will try and register for these offers again, and those from this website as well:

13. Miguel Barajas
    January 25th, 2013 at 15:06 | #13

Update to this:

————————
    Now the offer appears, and says this:

:-)

14. Phill Tuxford
    January 26th, 2013 at 07:45 | #14

I registered on the 24th for one of the offers and got the confirmation email. However as off today (26th) its still not appearing on the list of offers i am registered for :(

I think maybe you can only regsiter for one of the 6 offers as that is the one thats appropriate for you based on your usual hotel stay pattern, sort of a personalised offer maybe?

15. Matt
    January 26th, 2013 at 08:40 | #15

Just registered for option 4 (seemed the best to me, same as option 6 but get the points quicker).

It’s not showing up in offer status yet… Not too worried, as I do have a confirmation email.

Am a Platinum member.

16. Berry
    January 27th, 2013 at 12:30 | #16

I am gold (ambassador) and registered for nr. 3. Didn’t show up in “my offer status” but got the points after a stay of 4 nights. Europe roll out seems to be different than the US.
    (source: Flyertalk.com)

17. Scottex
    January 27th, 2013 at 14:40 | #17

@Miguel Barajas

We would like to apologize if your registration for this promotion does not appear in the “My Offers” section of your online profile. Please be advised that this promotion, “Stay 5 Nights, Get 10,000 Points”, you are currently enrolled under has a specific target market wherein only selected member are qualified to join. As not all our members are entitled to this promotion, this is not going to be indicated in the “My Offer Status” page.

18. Robert
    January 28th, 2013 at 08:53 | #18

Offer 1 and 4 are the only ones worth considering

19. Chadwin
    January 28th, 2013 at 10:46 | #19

Points Breaks will be post today.

January 28th, 2013 at 18:50 | #20

Curious if these bonus points count towards status. I have earned 5000 worthless bonus points so far this year with no change in points required to maintain for next year.

21. Ashish Patel
    January 29th, 2013 at 07:10 | #21

Hi,

I have stayed at a Holiday Inn:

6 – 11 Jan 5 nights
    14 – 18 Jan 4 nights
    20 – 24 Jan 4 nights
    28 – 1 Feb 4 nights

I have used the code for Offer 1 and received the 5,000 points for the week 6-11 Jan. I was not aware of Offers 2-6 till now.

If I enter the other codes (e.g. Offer 5) will I get the 10,000 points for the nights I have already stayed?

From next week on-wards I will stay anything between 4 – 16 nights in Q1.

What is the best thing for me to do to maximise my points?

What happens if I enter all the codes?

I am a Platinum member. Thanks in advance.

22. Ashish Patel
    January 29th, 2013 at 07:19 | #22

Btw, are these offers for consecutive nights?

I usually stay 4 consecutive nights a week: Mon, Tue, Wed and Thur.

23. Chadwin
    January 29th, 2013 at 15:37 | #23

@Ashish Patel

One code per member. There’s no going back once you’ve chosen your selection.

24. Chadwin
    January 29th, 2013 at 15:46 | #24

@Ashish Patel

It goes by number of nights regardless of the number of checked in/checked out.

To maximize points, open another account for yourself or your spouse.

One more thing, you should do some google search for cash back option. InterContinental Hotel Group brand (ex. Candlewood, Staybridge, Crowne Plaza, HI, HI Express, Indigo, & InterContinental) offers lots of cash back ranging from 4.5 to 20%.

25. Chadwin
    January 29th, 2013 at 15:47 | #25

@Phil

26. Ashish Patel
    January 30th, 2013 at 07:04 | #26

@Chadwin

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I received an email with Offer 1 and I used it.

Next quarter I will wait to see what’s available on this website.

As for opening another account, I did for my girlfriend and entered many codes for bonus points but she has 0. She has never stayed at any of these hotels so I’m assuming that’s the reason.

Thanks for the Cashback suggestion, however my company books and pays for the Hotels so I can’t really get any cash back.

Thanks.

27. CDP
    January 31st, 2013 at 16:40 | #27

You can only register for one of these offers.

Mine did not show up in “my offers” either, but when I called they assured me that it was there. Fingers crossed.

28. Phill Tuxford
    February 2nd, 2013 at 03:33 | #28

For me the offer turned up in my offers about 5 days after registering for it. Considering points take at least 6 days after a hotel stay to arrive on my account, this was positively speedy.

29. Josh
    February 6th, 2013 at 11:20 | #29

@Dan

Dan,

You can “hotel-hop” like I do. I never stay more than one night in a row at the same hotel unless there aren’t any others around. I usually bounce around so that I can maximize my rewards and not get caught in the stays vs. nights trap.

30. Josh
    February 6th, 2013 at 11:26 | #30

Am I doing my math wrong or are Offers 4, 5, and 6 essentially the same?

If you stay 5 nights and get 10,000 points, and then stay another 5 nights for the additional 5,000 points (Offer 4), you’ve stayed 10 nights and earned 15,000 points (Offer 5). If you stay 5 more nights and earn an additional 5,000 points, you’ve stayed 15 nights and earned 20,000 points (Offer 6).

Unless I’m missing something, seems it would be best to sign up for Offer 4 unless you’re absolutely sure you can meet Offer 6. You’d get the same benefit, wouldn’t you?

31. Paul
    February 7th, 2013 at 05:34 | #31

I had tried to register for 4, but it kept saying invalid code.
    When I checked my status, I had automatically been registered for 6
    Must be based on your usage profile.
    Did not receive any notification about this though.

32. bif
    February 7th, 2013 at 14:27 | #32

Do only “paid stays” earn points? Or will redeeming points to stay also earn these points?

33. Matt
    February 10th, 2013 at 15:46 | #33

Registered for option 4 a while back and registered 6 stays already – it’s showing in my offer status.

The points didn’t count towards my status, as with everything else this year :(.

I’m a platinum ambassador and I think I registered when this first showed up here (so perhaps got in early).

February 11th, 2013 at 14:51 | #34

@Matt So your regular points from the stay counted towards status but the bonus points from this offer did not count? I already stayed 2 nites which counted as status. I couldn’t back out as it was the advanced pre-paid rate and cancelling would have meant losing my entire stay deposit. However I am looking at other options for another stay if the 5 nite/10k point will not count.

35. tim
    February 11th, 2013 at 19:32 | #35

Go to “Priority Club Facebook” page. They will answer all of your guestions

February 12th, 2013 at 12:06 | #36

Wow…just completed a stay that I couldn’t get out of. My “base” points counted towards status but not my platinum 50% bonus. All points associated with an actual stay should count. What a low down dirty thing to do…GFY IHG.

37. Randall Shutt
    February 25th, 2013 at 17:36 | #37

Did anyone notice that Priority Club’s system is having a VERY hard time coping with the extra bonus nights? I can’t even track each extra 5000 points for each 5 nights online… And furthermore, they aren’t posting. I’m going to have to call them…

38. Membersince1985
    February 26th, 2013 at 07:21 | #38

Go on the “Priority Club Facebook” site. You can ask your questions there. They seem to be monitoring that site very closely. You will get an answer with in 24 hours. You can also post a comment on the page that asks you to vote for them for the Freddie Awards

39. Jennifer
    February 28th, 2013 at 21:12 | #39

It doesn’t look like it, but does Staybridge qualify for this one? Also, if I sign up now, would any stays that have already happened qualify?

March 18th, 2013 at 17:58 | #40

@Membersince1985
    I made sure to give them a great big thumbs up for the Freddie Awards…oh wait wrong finger ;-)

41. David
    April 14th, 2013 at 05:27 | #41

These offers appear to have been extended until 31st August. Checking on my PC account “My offer status”, so if you registered for offers 1 or 2 that could be kind of annoying because you get fewer “top-up” points (6 nights required for 5000 rather than 5 nights). It’s a good offer though – so far have earned 25000 points.