Home > Everything Else > Refresh for the Intercontinental brand website

Refresh for the Intercontinental brand website

December 14th, 2012 Leave a comment Go to comments

What: A new website for Intercontinental Hotels -gone is the black and in comes a new fresh look..

How: Visit the site

Categories: Everything Else Tags:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 18:50 | #1

I am not sure where to post this but the admin needs to post a special blog about this situation. I got 4,000 PC points when I redeemed my coke rewards points back in November. I waited until January 2nd to redeem them so they would count towards platinum in 2013. The points posted but the qualifying points and points to maintain are still unchanged. When I called to inquire the operator said: “BONUS POINTS…POINTS PURCHASED AND BONUS POINTS EARNED THROUGH PRIORITY CLUB PROMOTIONS NO LONGER COUNT TOWARDS PLATINUM STATUS!!!” You read that right. Only points earned from actual stays will now count!!! I told the lady with this change in terms I would have to reconsider where I stay in 2013 and look for a more generous program for hotels but she did not seem to give a flying leap. I have not actually stayed in an IHG hotel this year and earned bonus points to verify bonus points from the hotel but based on what she said and what happened with my vouchers it is unlikely I will even hit Gold Status for next year. What a huge kick in the balls from IHG to us many loyal PC members. Shame on you!!!

January 2nd, 2013 at 18:53 | #2

I meant to say I doubt I will even hit Gold Status next year. Is there something we can do to petition PC? I bet they did this with all of the generous bonus points floating around out there and from sites like this. The solution is to limit the bonus points…not take them away from counting towards platinum status!

4. Shane
    January 5th, 2013 at 18:44 | #4

UGGGH! Really?! That sucks, that is why I went away from Hilton Honors is because of the way they did their points. And honestly more of the Hilton hotels are better than the Holiday Inn ones. Now I might have to switch back. Super lame of Holiday Inn!

5. Kevin Lombardi
    January 7th, 2013 at 13:49 | #5

Yeah IHC has been making it harder and harder to maximize their points offerings. Check the link to input offer codes, broken for me today :(

6. Joerg
  7. linda
    January 12th, 2013 at 06:34 | #7

are there any bonus points promo for 2013? have not seen any yet.

8. Hilly
    February 27th, 2014 at 04:09 | #8

Yep IHG and priority privilege have totally stuffed up. An ambassador and loyal member globally for 10years and I’m out of there. HHonours is working much better for me. Hilton at least have a bias for yes instead of always ‘no, sorry, apologise for the inconvenience. We appreciate your loyalty’. Well no loyalty from ihg means no loyalty for me. See ya!