Home > Promotions > Point Breaks List Updated

Point Breaks List Updated

December 12th, 2012 Leave a comment Go to comments

Folks, get in there quick – the new points break list has been updated. Now valid for stays until 31st January 2013.

Although it has to be said – it’s the poorest list for a longtime.

Book now…

(What are Points Breaks anyway?)

1. DrewG
    December 14th, 2012 at 08:00 | #1

Wow, looks like the leftovers from last quarter’s list just carried over. Lame PC.

2. bob
    December 18th, 2012 at 05:48 | #2

This is not the poorest for some time it’s the worst ever!

3. Rosemary
    December 20th, 2012 at 05:29 | #3

I checked into some of the hotels on this PointsBreaks list. Looks like PC is trying to ramp up the hotel reviews by offering cheap stays. Some of these properties had scary reviews!

Hopefully they’ll have a better list for February….

December 20th, 2012 at 15:11 | #4

Just got an email for a special bonus points promotion. Here is the deal…stay 5 nights between January 7th and April 30th and get 10,000 bonus points. In addition you earn an additional 5,000 bonus points for every 5 more nights you stay. I am not sure if this disqualifies you from the usual 3 nights/5000 bonus that are usually posted each quarter but this offer looks very doable given you have almost 4 months to stay 5 times and earn 10,000 bonus points. The promo code is 3414 if you are interested.

5. Rob H
    January 2nd, 2013 at 23:34 | #5

Who is the best person to speak with regarding all of the disappointments pertaining the the platinum level “perks” and service.

I have been a platinum member for years, and have seen a rapid decline in both over the course of the last several years. I have scaled my stays back at Holiday Inns and Crowne Plazas, hoping things would change.

Too many disappointments to mention. Kindly, Rob Hontz

I am considering my business completely switching to Marriott or Hilton. Thoughts please.

6. Rob H
    January 2nd, 2013 at 23:39 | #6

@Phil

Thank you Phil. This is a pretty good promotion. What pisses me off is that I had to go looking for this, and have only seen it mentioned here. It is as if it is almost being hidden.

I have signed up to receive email notices for special promotions and offers, but never see these types of offers.

Thanks again for posting.

January 3rd, 2013 at 04:37 | #7

Rob…2013 is going to be a tough one for getting to platinum status. Read my comments on the next posting on this site. PC is no longer counting Bonus Points towards Gold/Platinum status.

8. tim
    January 5th, 2013 at 01:51 | #8

@Rob H
    Ditto here. i had over 80 stays with IHG last year, but am seriously done with the lack luster treatment of Platinum mmbers. And now every hotel has raised their rewards requirements. Im switching bck to Marriott and Hilton

9. lynn
    January 7th, 2013 at 10:43 | #9

Thank you holiday inn…they have decided to up the point requirements again… https://secure.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/reservation/rewardnights

10. March 27th, 2014 at 14:22 | #10

Also, what ‘terrible’ and ‘disgusting’ are emotive words. Writing doesn’t always mean sculpting every word from the mind using a chisel.