What: The “Priority Club Rewards Black Visa” offers:
– 40,000 points when you make your first purchase
– Priority Club Platinum Status (wonder why us existing Platinum members never get upgraded!)
– Free night (anywhere) when you spend £10,000 on the card
– 4 Points per £ spend at IHG Hotels, 2 points per £ elsewhere
– All for £99 p/a
When: Until 18th November 2012
How: Apply here: http://priorityclub.com/october
Good news #1 – Bonus Points
Lots of bonus points, originally posted by Phil, I can testify that the bold ones work along with the one I posted earlier (it was a midweek stay).
- 6102 = Anniversary Bonus Offer 1,000 points per stay for 90 days after registration.
- 2120 = Welcome Back Bonus 1,500 Priority Club points for one stay within 90 days after registration.
- 3107 = New Member Bonus 1,500 Priority Club points for one stay within 90 days after registration.
- 5109 = Next Stay Bonus 1,500 Priority Club points for one stay within 90 days after registration.
- 8108 = 1,000 bonus points per stay for 60 days after registration.
- 5221 = Elite member Next Stay Bonus for Platinum members earns 3,000 bonus points for next paid stay within 90 days of registration.
- 3136 = 5,000 points 2-night Weekend Stay Bonus on Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday before Dec 31, 2012.
- 3168 = Platinum member 5,000 bonus points for 5 nights by November 30, 2012.
Register here: http://priorityclub.com/register
Good news #2 – The Site
Firstly thank you all for your great support about the letter sent from IHG requesting that I handover the domain name. Since then IHG have gone silent so maybe they have moved their attention to more interesting things, but to address their concerns to rest I’ve put a pretty clear disclaimer at the top of the site – happy to change the wording if our friendly lawyers have suggestions. Hopefully that will do for now!
Folks, get in there quick – the new points break list has been updated. Now valid for stays until 10th December 2012.
(What are Points Breaks anyway?)
What: Pack your bags and take off for a new adventure with our extraordinary 7-day limited-time offer. From 16 to 22 October 2012, book a 2-night stay at any participating all-new hotels in Greater China for stays before 31 March 2013 and pay for just one night. Spend less but enjoy more amazing experiences on your journey.
- Book from 16th – 22nd October 2012
- Stay 16th October – 31st March 2013
Brands: InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn & Holiday Inn Express
How: Click Link
As many of you know getting an upgraded room as a Platinum is not easy, even if it is a defined benefit. Generally hotels don’t follow the policy except when pushed and there are far too many platinum members out there. Most folk can easily achieve it within 10 nights depending on the bonuses available! Net result annoyed members of the PC programme. This example below is typical of a hotel not playing ball…
A visitor to this site passed this story on to me, the background… They booked one night in the Crowne Plaza, Manchester, UK. On check-in requested an upgrade, which was turned down “because all rooms were fully booked” and offered a drinks voucher worth £4. The emails follow…
Just a quick note – the new location of the Point Breaks page is here: http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/us/en/global/redeem/pointbreaks
Still showing until October 15th – so expect an update very soon!
Looks like IHG have “borrowed” my idea of explaining promotions by using What/When/Where/How – so we’re even then?
What?: From September 12–December 30, 2012, register and stay two consecutive nights at any participating Staybridge Suites® hotel or Candlewood Suites® hotel and earn 5,000 Priority Club® bonus points.
When: Until 30th December 2012
Brands: Staybridge Suites hotel or Candlewood Suites
Where: U.S. & Canada
How: Click link