The quarterly offers are back for quarter 4, 2012. All offers below are based nights.
What: “To show our appreciation for your loyalty, we’re offering you the opportunity to earn x,000 bonus points. Simply register and stay x nights between 1 October and 31st December 2012, at any of of our 4,400 locations worldwide.. .”
When: 1 October to 31 December 2012
Brands: All Brands
- Register: -Stay 3 nights earn 5,000 bonus points
- Register: -Stay 7 nights earn 10,000 bonus points
- Register: -Stay 15 nights earn 15,000 bonus points
- You should receive one offer in your e-mail (thank you all for posting/sending me your personal offers). If you haven’t signed up yet then have a look below and see if there is a better offer for your travel pattern - please note:
- You can only sign up for one of these offers (either from this page or via your targeted e-mail from Priority Club)
- Once you have signed up you can’t change your mind!
What: ” Buy Priority Club points between September 13 – October 15, 2012 and automatically receive a 40% bonus on the number of points purchased. Top up your account and buy your Priority Club points today!”
When: Until October 15th 2012
How: Click Here
Just had a lovely letter from those folk in Atlanta (to read the full version click on the post) who aren’t very happy about the use of “Priority Club” in the domain name.
I can’t really argue with the fact that it may “creates confusion by suggesting IHG’s sponsorship or endorsement of your website” as I get a numerous emails from folk wanting me to credit points for their stay in <insert hotel name here> due to their questionable IT system and raft of unclear rules of when you do/do not get points for a stay. But I do disagree with “Continued use of the Domain Name will cause loss of goodwill to IHG” - I think the site does the opposite.
What seems odd is that…
- It’s taken this long for them to get around to it ( 2 1/2 years) - and it’s not like this is a new initiative as I know of another site that received this letter last year and the person on the other end of this letter (name withheld) has been working for IHG since 2000 – so must have been aware of the site for at least 18 months?
- I promote IHG promotions which helps drive customers to their hotel = more revenue
- There is no loss in revenue to IHG as any links that I create in my posts to IHG do not earn me, and therefore cost them, any commission.
I guess I’m just out of favour this month – or it’s the lack of recent updates (sorry)….
Anyway, I don’t really fancy a legal battle so it’s time to rename the site – suggestions welcome – although I think IHGinsider.com is out (even though it’s available)
What: ”Save 50% with Last Minute Reward Nights: Be spontaneous! Book your weekend getaway now for stays on September 7th,8th and 9th.” – Although a disappointing lot this time – does anyone actually use these? I guess if you’ve booked already then you cancel and rebook – but otherwise I can’t see the point.
Brands: All brands feature including one Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa at 15,000 points if you fancy a last minute break in Mexico
Where: 66 locations worldwide
When: For any nights September 7th,8th and 9th.
How: Book here