Home > Bonus Points and Miles > Holiday Inn / Visa Olympics Extra Points Promotion

Holiday Inn / Visa Olympics Extra Points Promotion

What: Holiday Inn / Visa Olympics Promotion

• Offer Part 1: 1000 Points per night up to 20,000 points
  • Offer Part 2: Stay for any 6 nights at any Holiday Inn® or Holiday Inn Express® in the UK before 15 July 2012, you will receive a limited edition Panasonic camera so you can capture all the thrills of London 2012
  • Offer Part 3: Online booking bonus of 250 Points for the first 5 stays (Note this is only mentioned in the terms and conditions and not in the main text – so either it’s valid or someone has been trigger happy with the cut and paste)

(This may be part of this promotion or completely separate…time will tell)

Where: Part 2 – UK only. Part 1 & 3 – all brands

When: 1st June to  3rd Septebember 2012

Brands: Part 2 – Holiday Inn / Holiday Inn Express. Part 1 & 3 – all brands

How: http://www.holidayinn.com/visa / Register

1. May 13th, 2012 at 19:06 | #1

T&C state: “8. The Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions.”

If you were previously registered for one promotion, and then registered for this one, which would apply?

May 17th, 2012 at 10:30 | #2

I got a confirmation email from PC saying the 250 points is valid. I booked a stay in August…looks like I will need to cancel my reservations and rebook to get the 250 bonus points. Such a PITA :-(

3. fanfan
    May 18th, 2012 at 01:57 | #3

Phil, I do not think you have to cancel and rebook, the promotion being valid till the 3rd of September…

May 18th, 2012 at 14:14 | #4

fanfan…I am not sure if that is the case. The website says:

“Starting June 1st, enjoy 250 bonus points per stay simply by booking through priorityclub.com or any of our branded Web sites”

That says to me you get 250 bonus points when you book after June 1st…not after. The other reason I think this is true is the $50 bonus offer says you must book after registration to get the $50 gift card. It seems to me they would be consistent in their promotions.

May 18th, 2012 at 14:15 | #5

I meant after June 1st not before.

6. Robert
    July 13th, 2012 at 02:48 | #6

When do I get my camera?

7. Gerard
    August 6th, 2012 at 11:11 | #7

@Robert The T&C say between 23 July and 31 August.

8. Michelle-a-roo
    August 21st, 2012 at 06:40 | #8

Has anybody actually received their camera? Neither myself nor any of my colleagues have…

9. Aj
    September 2nd, 2012 at 10:16 | #9

Well past 31st August , and even I havent received anything. Is this a farce ?

10. Gerard
    September 3rd, 2012 at 03:17 | #10

I haven’t received anything yet either.

11. Gerard
    September 3rd, 2012 at 03:27 | #11

I just called the Priority Club helpline. Apparently there is a delay in sending out the cameras due to “higher than expected demand” and all members will be receiving an email with more details shortly. I was assured that everyone will receive their camera.

Are everyone’s eyes rolling just as much as mine did?

12. Marc
    September 4th, 2012 at 15:55 | #12

No camera yet for me !

13. Carl
    September 6th, 2012 at 02:07 | #13

No camera nor email for me as yet. Perhaps when they said we can use it to capture all the thrills of London 2012 they meant the New Years Eve celebrations…

14. RayN
    September 11th, 2012 at 08:58 | #14

I have received this email today:-

Dear member,

We are pleased to confirm that you have qualified to receive a Panasonic camera as part of our recent Priority Club® Rewards promotion.

Due to a fantastic response to this promotion the fulfilment of cameras has taken slightly longer than expected but we assure you we will have your new camera delivered to you by Friday 12th October 2012. The Panasonic camera you receive may not be the exact camera detailed in the promotional material but, in line with the terms & conditions, it will be a Panasonic camera of a similar specification.

We apologise for this delay and hope that it does not cause any inconvenience.

Thank you for staying with Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express and we hope you enjoy your new Panasonic camera!

Kind regards,

IHG London 2012 Team

15. Gerard
    September 21st, 2012 at 06:26 | #15

My camera just arrived by City Link a few minutes ago.

16. HCS
    October 8th, 2012 at 04:46 | #16

I too have still not received my camera – appalling customer service. I have enquired twice and they say they have no idea when it will be despatched.

17. Aj
    October 9th, 2012 at 11:19 | #17

Still no emails nor any delivery details received. Standards of IHG customer service is going down. (UK experience.)

18. Dave
    October 12th, 2012 at 07:59 | #18

It’s now 12th October and I still haven’t received my camera! This is the second deadline IHG have missed! Not impressed!

19. Nikki
    October 15th, 2012 at 09:36 | #19

I too have still not received my camera, and am beginning to think we’ve been mislead. I’ve just emailed again, so I expect another suitably vague response within the usual 7-10 days. I was told by them after I queried the first missed deadline that if the item was undeliverable, e.g. my address was incorrect, that I would forfeit the camera. I’m now wondering whether this will be the excuse, despite my address being correct. My husband also qualified for the camera, and he hasn’t so much as had an email. I think this is appalling customer service, and I’m very disappointed with them.

20. Matt
    October 18th, 2012 at 07:01 | #20

No camera here either. They send me enough junk plus a card each year that they can’t claim my address is incorrect. The original bumf about the camera said you could use it to capture the thrills of London 2012 even though the earliest you could get it was after the Olympics finished. At this rate it won’t even be 2012 at all.

Maybe they should just credit us with enough points to buy one ourselves, 45000 points would get enough vouchers for Currys.

21. Mike
    October 22nd, 2012 at 09:39 | #21

Still waiting for my camera too. I’ve just phoned the helpline (at 10p p/m) and the person didn’t know what I was talking about. I had to forward a copy of the mail telling me (assuring me) it’d be here BY the 12th October. Now she’s gone off to talk to another department, so I may or may not get a call back within 24 hours.

22. Simon
    October 30th, 2012 at 04:10 | #22

I haven’t received my camera, so I queried with PC and got the following response:
    “There are still no updates from contacts regarding the specific delivery time frame of the Panasonic Camera. Information will be relayed as soon as it becomes available. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Rest assured that a specific team is working round the clock to resolve the issue.

Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the Priority Club Service Center again.”

Why do I get the feeling that they under estimated the number of cameras they would need to supply and that only the persistent will get one…?!?!?

23. Ian
    October 30th, 2012 at 08:48 | #23

Still no camera for me either. I contacted the original sender of the email and she replied (from her blackberry!) that they were looking into it.

Would prefer some bonus points as someone else suggests, don’t really need the camera !!

24. Simon
    November 2nd, 2012 at 12:49 | #24

@Simon
    …and surprise, surprise, a couple of days later a Panasonic Lumix LS6 appears in the post!!… sadly without a memory card but hey, it’s a freebie!

25. Jo
    November 2nd, 2012 at 14:47 | #25

Didnt even know about this promotion, got home from holiday (2 nights of which were points paid at a holiday inn in london!!) to a camera! Didnt know it was coming so didnt mind the wait!! :o)

26. Matt
    November 8th, 2012 at 05:20 | #26

Camera finally arrived. It’s an LS6 not an S3 as it was supposed to be. Compared to what they were supposed to send it’s bigger, heavier, worse lens, takes batteries rather than having it’s own rechargable and costs £20 less. Tried it and you just get nasty blury pictures.

I thought it would useful to have as a pocket camera for evenings out but the pictures aren’t a patch on my Samsung GS2 and that isn’t supposed to be particularly good.

Not even worth giving to the kids as it’s that bad. Not as good as the 10 year old Olympus mui mini that my 2 year old has to feel part of it at the moment.

All in all a pointless promotion as the reward at the end is junk.

27. July 11th, 2014 at 10:18 | #27

Unquestionably believe that which you stated.
    Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the easiest thing
    to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries that they just don’t know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined
    out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thanks