Home > Promotions > 2 Stay – Get 1 night free or Double Points – Sweet Dilemma!

2 Stay – Get 1 night free or Double Points – Sweet Dilemma!

September 1st, 2010 Leave a comment Go to comments

What: “From September 20 to December 31, 2010, two stays with us will earn you a Free Night at any of our hotels outside of Asia Pacific. Or, you can opt for Double Points or Miles. Indecision has never felt so rewarding.”

Important note – unlike the previous promotion the free night promotion requires two STAYS, not just two nights.

Where: Worldwide (except you can’t earn free nights in Asia Pacific)

Brands: InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Indigo, Holiday Inn and Express by Holiday Inn hotels, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites hotels

When:

- Stay: From September 20th – December 31th 2010

- Redeem Nights: By June 1st 2011

How: Register here..

Notes:

Double Points

- Double points start on your second stay at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Express by Holiday Inn™

- Double Points start on your first qualifying stay at Staybridge Suites®, and Candlewood Suites® hotels

- Available worldwide

Free Nights

- You need two stays (not nights) for each free night

- You forgo any any base points earned in the this period

- Up to 5 nights can be earned

-  You can only earn nights outside the Asia Pacific region

- Allow up to 14 days from check-out for receipt of Free Night Notification.

1. Joerg
    September 2nd, 2010 at 00:50 | #1

Will the nights (after registration for the “Stay2-Get1″ promo) still count for the “Crack the Case” promo? Thanks for a feedback.

2. neil
    September 3rd, 2010 at 02:39 | #2

what is the difference between 2 stays and 2 nights ?
    I normally only stay away once a week, does this mean that on the second stop I will be entitles to a free night ?

3. admin
    September 3rd, 2010 at 03:11 | #3

@Joerg
    I don’t see any reason why not – both require qualifying nights which are captured in the same way

@neil
    See: http://www.priorityclubinsider.com/points-promos/stays-vs-nights/

4. keith
    September 3rd, 2010 at 06:19 | #4

Condition 14 of this promotion states ‘participation in this Free Nights Promotion excludes the receipt of base and elite Frequency Credits for stays from the date of registration for this Free Nights Promotion’. The Term ‘Frequency Credits’ appears (at the start of Condition 14) to include base and elite Priority Club points.

Surely that can’t be right? If so, anyone enrolling before 2oth September (like I have) is going to lose all points earned from enrolment up to the start of the promotion (and obviously during the promotion).

5. Roberto
    September 6th, 2010 at 11:18 | #5

Once 10 stays have been achieved, and 5 free nights have been accrued, will points be earned for any future stays prior to 31st December?

6. September 7th, 2010 at 08:37 | #6

All that clause is saying is that if you use the nights towards a free stay, you don’t get any points for those nights. It doesn’t refer to enrollment in the Priority club program, it refers to registration for this specific promotion.

7. dracs
    September 11th, 2010 at 01:31 | #7

Hi PC Insider,

I tried looking online but couldn’t find the answer. Hence I am asking this question.

If a person earns his platinum around end of year say november or december. Does it then extend till end of next year?

. Similary , If a person earns platinum at beg of next year and then earns 60000 points, will his status last till end of 2012?

Thanks

PS: ASk a PC Insider captcha are not working.

8. September 13th, 2010 at 13:33 | #8

Platinum status is maintained from the time you get it, until the end of the following calendar year.

However, earning 120,000 points (or the equivalent nights/stays) does not extend the status for an extra year.

Tip: if you are in line to trigger a huge bonus point and you have already attained Platinum for the year, try to arrange to defer triggering the bonus in the following calendar year, thus making attaining Platinum next year (again, good until the end of the following year) more easy.

9. dracs
    September 14th, 2010 at 00:09 | #9

Andrews,

Thanks for the reply. Andrews if I achieve platinum by end of this year and also earn 60000 points next year, Will it extend my status till dec 2012?

10. September 14th, 2010 at 09:28 | #10

Of course. You always get platinum status from the moment you qualify for the year PLUS the following year.
    Meeting platinum requirements for 2010, results in Platimum status until 12/31/2011
    Meeting platinum requirements for 2011, results in Platimum status until 12/31/2012, and so on.

11. dracs
    September 14th, 2010 at 14:14 | #11

Thank you very much Andrew and that should clear my doubts about earning status for airlines also ;)

12. dracs
    September 14th, 2010 at 14:31 | #12

Andrew,

On a related note, no way a person can get status further than 12/31/2012 by earning till may next year.

Sorry for too much questions , never had any status and trying to get status for me,sis and y friend through crack the case promo.

I will most likely achieve my plat this year and will keep my 1 hit till next year but my sis and friend will get only by early next year.

Thanks,

Dracs

13. September 16th, 2010 at 07:28 | #13

There is no way to get Platium status for 2013 until January of 2012.

I wouldn’t go crazy trying to get Paltinum status. It only helps you when staying at their Hotels. Snce you never hasd any status before. I’m guessing your not a frequent stayer.

14. dracs
    September 16th, 2010 at 13:07 | #14

Hi Andrews,

You are perfectly right, I am not a frequent stayer at Inter continental. Though just for leisure travel , I get around 15 nights or more in hotel nights.

Also Andrews, I have easily achievable crack the case and sweet dilemma offers which I plan to get done with. So just exploring the best I can get from these two offers while achieving the status also in the process.

But I got your point and my answers.

15. Ann
    September 26th, 2010 at 07:18 | #15

Hi all,

I yesterday made a reservation in NYC but only subscribed today for the double points . Will I get the double points ?

Thanks ! Ow and if I get the double points, can I still participate with the Crack The Case program ?

Thanks !!

16. OMAR
    October 9th, 2010 at 04:31 | #16

Hi all,
    Technical question with regard to this promotion.
    I am going to a 6 days trip and there 2 holiday inn hotels and im planing to stay one night at one hotel and the other night at the second hotel , i will conitinue to change the hotel each night to complete 6 stays …the question is im i going to get 3 free nights out of this ?

17. fanfan
    October 18th, 2010 at 02:45 | #17

YES Omar, according to the rules, you will get 6 stays = 3 nights, starting from the second stay…It should work !!! but what a hassle !!!! good luck !

18. India
    October 24th, 2010 at 22:27 | #18

Yes Ann, for this promotion you will get the double points based on the date of the hotel stay, not the date reservation made. Occasionally it’s based on date of reservation and you can also participate in Crack the Case and most other promotions offered. @Ann

19. Joerg
    October 31st, 2010 at 09:30 | #19

I have registered to the “two stay – one free night” promo and stayed two weeks ago at one IC using my AMB Voucher (first night payed, second night free). The following strange things I recognized:

1. In my PC Account both nights (even the paid one) are listed as “Non-Qualifying Stay”.
    2. No night was added to my “Ambassador Accelerator”.
    3. No qualifying night was added to the “two stay – one free night” offer (in the Offer Status overview).

Questions:
    Is this (especially for point 1 & 2) because I registered to the “two stay – one free night” promo and it takes couple of weeks to appear in the system correctly OR did the hotel entered wrong data into the system and I should contact the customer support?

How do your stays / nights appear in your account overview after register to the “two stay – one free night” promo?

20. hnrequipment
    April 27th, 2011 at 19:43 | #20

I used my 5 nights for sweet Dilemma in Aruba and they upgraded us to an ocean view and gave us all inclusive. It was wonderful

1. September 28th, 2010 at 04:10 | #1